Saturday, April 11, 2009

Groom Style: Necktie Glossary

Essential Wedding Guide - glossary

ASCOT
A wide scarf crossed in front and secured with a stickpin. It's a very formal look that you don't see much these days.

BOW TIE
This is the classic formalwear neckwear. The bow tie coordinates with a cummerbund or waistcoat. While a pre-tied bow tie was OK for the prom, the hand-tied version is more appropriate for the big day.

FOUR-IN-HAND TIE
This is the familiar tie that's worn with a suit, in a dressier fabric. These days, a black four-in-hand tie is a popular option, but ties come in many colors and patterns.
{Source}

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Thank you for your notes on my entries. :) I'm hoping to post a entry all about my ideas for my wedding, so if you're interested, stay tuned. ;) And I love your blog! <3

Unknown said...

Mara...you are the bomb! I love the necktie glossary that you posted..it's great. Very informative!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin